Stage positions

Lorna Lorna

Stage positions

Hi, bit of a silly question really... but nevertheless I'm curious.....you know the way, say, Ant and Dec always position themselves on stage in the order in which their names appear (i.e. Ant on left and Dec on right) so people know which is which (and even then they get it wrong!)...as far as I know, you and Tommy have always positioned yourselves the opposite way, as (I think?) did Morecambe and Wise.  Now obviously, very few people would confuse the two of you, especially after all these years, but was there any particular reason why you and Tommy decided that you would be on the left and Tommy on the right, or is that just what happened to feel most comfortable.  Did many people confuse the two of you in the early days of fame?
Andie J Andie J

Re: Stage positions

That's weird, I was thinking about the Ant & Dec thing a couple of days ago in relation to someone else, spooky to find you have posted it here  :-)

Bobby Ball Bobby Ball

Re: Stage positions

Well here is the answer
If you look at most comedy double acts the comic always tends to stand to the right of the feed man
Ant and Dec are presenters so maybe thats different
Andie J Andie J

Re: Stage positions

Good answer Bob, I had never thought about that, I'm gonna be watching out for it now on everything I see, lol.  x

Lorna Lorna

Re: Stage positions

Thanks Bobby and Andrea - I've had problems logging into this forum till today so sorry about my late reply.  Actually Bobby now that I think about it, yes, yourselves, Morecambe & Wise and Little & Large positioned yourselves in the same way so it now makes sense to me.  I'm sure if I started thinking about other double acts with a 'feed man' and a 'funny/clowning around man' and were to look up footage of them, they'd probably all be the same.  It has certainly worked well for you all anyway! Thanks for that answer - I appreciate it.

And yes Andrea it is spooky (yet again!), us both posting about the same thing unaware that the other had done so!  "Great minds think alike" or "fools seldom differ"?  Or both?  Mmmmm, lol x
Andie J Andie J

Re: Stage positions

I daren't even think what the cause might be Lorna, lol.

Just so you know, I managed to delete the sig tag attempts for you, glad you got one going and like them  :-)  x

Lorna Lorna

Re: Stage positions

I saw you'd deleted them - thanks. I guess I should have clicked on preview message first and that would have let me know it worked, rather than posting and then not being able to delete, lol. Thanks again :)) x