Receiver Josh Doctson showed

zhangzk zhangzk

Receiver Josh Doctson showed

Jason Verrett's staggering accumulation of injuries over the past several years could have shaken anyone's resolve to stick with football. Instead Mika Zibanejad Jersey , the Chargers' once-dominant cornerback is determined to get his game right back to where it was two seasons ago. Verrett participated in a full practice during Los Angeles' minicamp Wednesday for the first time since last September, when he eventually lost a second consecutive season to a left knee injury. Verrett looked healthy and sharp while getting to know several teammates who weren't around for his Pro Bowl season back in San Diego in 2015. "It's night and day different from last year," Verrett said. "I'm just happy to be able to move around. I feel solid." Verrett tore a ligament in his knee four games into the 2016 season, ruining his chance to establish himself as an elite NFL cornerback following his breakthrough in 2015. He made it through only the regular-season opener last year before his knee proved too painful, eventually requiring another surgery. But after several months of rehabilitation, Verrett feels great and looks healthy. He's looking forward to fighting for a job in the Chargers' crowded secondary and putting together a season that could secure his future as a free agent next spring. "Being out here, just seeing how deep we are at every position, it's great," Verrett said. "Especially in the defensive room, we have so many guys that can play all over the field. Being able to get back to how I used to play, and adding that onto what we did last year, it can be special." Injuries have affected all of Verrett's four seasons with the Chargers, who drafted the Northern California native in 2014 out of TCU, where he famously played his senior season with a torn labrum in his shoulder. He played in only six games as a rookie, but made an interception in Oakland despite tearing his labrum again earlier in the game. He made the Pro Bowl in his second season with the Chargers, missing a mere two games with injuries. And then Verrett's knee gave out in October 2016. He never felt fully healthy last year despite the Chargers' extreme caution with him in training camp and the preseason, and the pain eventually forced him to give up. All told, Verrett has missed 39 of 64 possible regular-season games. It's a source of frustration, but Verrett also sees his experience as a well of knowledge. "I just think it's part of my story," Verrett said. "I dealt with so much adversity getting here, and then the fact that I dealt with a lot of injuries, it's kept me up to date. Whenever other people are going through injuries, I feel like I know so much. Tell them Josh Morrissey Jersey , 'Hey, work on this,' or 'Work on that.' I just feel it's something the man above put on my plate so I'm able to be a gift for somebody else." Verrett isn't a taller, bulkier cornerback in the more modern mold of the position's archetype, but his speed and educated football instincts made him a standout when healthy. Chargers defensive coordinator Gus Bradley sees Verrett rounding back into that form. "Sometimes when you see a guy come back from an injury like that, it takes some time," Bradley said. "I don't see it right now. The way he's working out, the way he's practicing, he's in a really good place right now. ... His skill set, what he has, his speed, his athleticism, his change of direction, it is elite." The Chargers showed their commitment to Verrett in April 2017 when they exercised his fifth-year contract option, but he returns to a roster with a well-stocked defensive secondary. Casey Hayward earned a Pro Bowl selection last season as Los Angeles' lockdown corner, while Trevor Williams emerged as a dependable starting corner and Desmond King excelled as a slot corner and nickel back. Starting safety Jahleel Addae played a major role in Verrett's recovery by hitting his teammate with daily texts and steady encouragement. The Chargers also used their recent first-round pick on Derwin James, who could be headed toward an immediate starting job at safety after getting major responsibilities in offseason practices. It's too early to say where Verrett fits into the mix, but he's determined to find a spot while he plays for his future. "They stuck with me throughout the entire time last year," Verrett said. "Being able to come out here, make a few plays and see all the guys cheering on and having that squad, it's helping me get through my days." PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (16-3) OPEN CAMP: July 25, NovaCare Complex, Philadelphia LAST YEAR: Won first Super Bowl title and franchise’s first NFL championship since 1960 Authentic Benoit Pouliot Jersey , defeating Bill Belichick, Tom Brady and Patriots. Overcame losing several key players to injury, including QB Carson Wentz, LT Jason Peters, LB Jordan Hicks and others. Backup QB Nick Foles led way after Wentz tore ACL in Week 14, earning Super Bowl MVP honors. Coach Doug Pederson’s offense was balanced yet aggressive. Players bought into team-first attitudes. Defense thrived under coordinator Jim Schwartz. DT Fletcher Cox anchored deep line that included Super Bowl hero Brandon Graham. Special teams were solid despite losing PR Darren Sproles. Rookie K Jake Elliott showed strong leg. IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: DE Michael Bennett, DT Haloti Ngata, WR Mike Wallace, LB Corey Nelson, TE Richard Rodgers, rookie TE Dallas Goedert. IMPORTANT LOSSES: Offensive coordinator Frank Reich, QB coach John DeFilippo, TE Trey Burton, RB LeGarrette Blount, DE Vinny Curry, CB Patrick Robinson, LB Mychal Kendricks, WR Torrey Smith, DT Beau Allen, TE Brent Celek, P Donnie Jones. CAMP NEEDS: Wentz will be closely monitored but there’s no urgency to rush him with Foles still on team. His rehab will be biggest story this summer. Other key players returning from injury include Peters, Hicks, Sproles Authentic Nick Bjugstad Jersey , special teams ace Chris Maragos and DT Tim Jernigan. Defense needs LB to emerge as replacement for Kendricks and CB to replace Robinson at nickel spot. Both QBs need to build chemistry with new Nos. 2-3 TEs. EXPECTATIONS: Trying to become first Super Bowl champs to repeat since 2003-04 Patriots, and anything less will be considered disappointment. Wentz, Peters and other star players who missed playoffs last year are determined to win it all and won’t let teammates get complacent. Overall, team improved on paper but it’ll be difficult to match unique bond last year’s group had. — DALLAS COWBOYS (9-7) OPEN CAMP: July 26, Oxnard, California LAST YEAR: Cowboys missed playoffs year after dynamic rookie tandem of QB Dak Prescott and RB Ezekiel Elliott fueled Dallas to NFC-best 13 wins. Elliott’s six-game suspension during season over domestic violence allegations was big reason. Prescott’s performance dipped after winning NFL Offensive Rookie of Year in 2016. Offensive line was less consistent than usual. Defense was solid but not spectacular. IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: LB Leighton Vander Esch, WR Allen Hurns, G Connor Williams, WR Tavon Austin, WR Michael Gallup, TE Dalton Schultz, T Cameron Fleming, secondary coach/passing game coordinator Kris Richard. IMPORTANT LOSSES: TE Jason Witten, WR Dez Bryant, LB Anthony Hitchens, CB Orlando Scandrick. CAMP NEEDS: Cowboys need to sort out jumbled picture at receiver and tight end after dumping Bryant in cost-cutting move and somewhat surprising retirement of Witten, who went into broadcasting. WR Terrance Williams broke foot and was arrested during tumultuous offseason when Cowboys needed to know if he could take Bryant’s place atop receiving depth chart. Barring unexpected resurgence from six-year veteran, replacing Bryant will fall to Hurns and collection of rookies, other young players. Geoff Swaim likely to get first crack at replacing Witten, but Dallas likes Blake Jarwin. LB Jaylon Smith needs to show explosiveness in second season since recovery from major knee injury in college. Sean Lee needs to stay healthy. Without those developments, heavy responsibility could fall on Vander Esch as rookie. EXPECTATIONS: Coach Jason Garrett has two playoff appearances and one postseason win in seven full seasons. Elliott saga and untimely injuries, particularly to offensive line, gave him pass last season. Hard to imagine owner Jerry Jones sticking with him if Cowboys miss playoffs again Womens Samuel Girard Jersey , particularly after offseason overhaul of coaching staff. Healthy and eligible Elliott figures to be factor in NFL rushing race after leading league as rookie two years ago. Elliott still led league in yards rushing per game during suspension-marred season. Prescott wasn’t as good at protecting ball year after rookie record for passer rating. Cowboys want him to feed off Elliott-powered running game. Dallas believes young talent in secondary can help defense make difference. Cowboys could use repeat from DeMarcus Lawrence, who finished second in NFL with 14 sacks last season and will play on franchise tag. Lawrence needs help, and prime candidate would be Taco Charlton, last year’s first-round pick. — WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-9) OPEN CAMP: July 26, Richmond, Virginia LAST YEAR: Injuries, ineffective running game and porous run defense derailed playoff hopes. Nine starters were on injured reserve by end of season, including left tackle Trent Williams, tight end Jordan Reed, and linebacker Mason Foster. Quarterback Kirk Cousins surpassed 4,000 yards for third straight year, threw for 27 touchdowns and ran for four, but had three interceptions in season finale that turned out to be final game with team. Blowing 31-16 lead at New Orleans in November ended realistic postseason hopes before Thanksgiving. Receiver Josh Doctson showed hope for future with 35 catches for 502 yards and team-high six TDs. First-round pick Jonathan Allen flashed elite ability on defensive line before foot injury halted season five games in. Defense allowed 348 yards and 24 points per game. Offense couldn’t keep up while down several key weapons. IMPORTANT ADDITIONS: QB Alex Smith, WR Paul Richardson, LB Pernell McPhee, CB Orlando Scandrick, rookie RB Derrius Guice, rookie DL Daron Payne. IMPORTANT LOSSES: Cousins, WR Terrelle Pryor, WR Ryan Grant, TE Niles Paul Jacksonville Jaguars Customized Jerseys