Don't be shy . . .

Andie J Andie J

Don't be shy . . .

Hey everyone, please feel free to start using the forums as soon as you like, will be good to see new messages going up and new discussions to join in with.

Go on, you know you wanna . . . .

MandyBoxall MandyBoxall

Re: Don't be shy . . .

Hi Andrea

Hope this is the right place to introduce myself.  I'm new to your network but not a new Cannon and Ball fan.  I have loved their humour since I first saw them in the early 80's but have seen them only four times live, most recently last Sunday at Weston.  I get a lot of ribbing about my love of C&B, from colleagues, friends and family, but only I know how I laugh till it hurts and how it always cheers me up watching them, so I don't mind their ribbing.  They seem really nice guys too, which I'm sure you will be able to confirm.

We live in Tamworth Staffordshire so going to the seaside is always a long journey, but I would have done it many more times had I been able to persuade my other half to come with me.  I succeeded this year and he loved it as much as I did.   Andy teases me that I am C&B's biggest fan and whilst walking down the street at Weston on Sunday afternoon all of a sudden he reaches out to shake a man's hand - it was Tommy!  And I hadn't recognised him!  I was a bit star struck to be honest.  :-)  I saw some of your photos on Facebook.  Do you get to see them in the show often?

Andy works in Dublin during the week and commutes back to England, so travelling isn't something he wants to do much when he gets back, but we arranged our annual holiday around the Rock with Laughter tour this year.  It was well worth it.  I can't put my finger on what stirs the emotions when I see them sing 'Together we'll be ok' but it always gets to me.  I'm glad they didn't sing it in the show as I would have cried and my mascara would have run - not a good look is it?

Anyway, since we have been back from our little weekend away we have watched the Blackpool DVD from 2005 and laughed all over again.  It's good to see that others appreciate Bobby and Tommy and I wish them well with the rest of the tour.  And it's lovely to meet a fellow Cannon and Ball fan.   x
Andie J Andie J

Re: Don't be shy . . .

Hi Mandy,

Lovely to hear from you.

Thanks for visiting us here and also letting us know a bit about you, it's always really good to know a bit about someone when we say hello, great to have another fan with us too.  We have a large group of friends who are all great people and will make you very welcome.

These forums are just getting up off the ground now.  We had another network before this one which had built up a great community spirit but it had to close recently so we are starting all over again here.  Glad to have you with us as we begin.

There are lots of us who have been fans since they first appeared on our TVs.  I too always dreaded the day I heard them do Together live too.  I managed to get away with it for years but last year, they revived it and even though I had always believed that I would cry when it happened, they made it so full of joy as they sang it that it had completely the opposite effect.  It will get me one day tho  :(

Between our little group we do get to see them quite often throughout the year.
It's nice to see the show and have a bit of a catch up with everyone.

You should join us here on a Wednesday evening, we have our weekly chats in the chat room on this site and we have a great group of regulars who you would get to know very easily.  Bobby calls in whenever he can and we have a good goss and a bit of a laugh.  If you ever fancy it, just turn up on Weds and say hi.

Look forward to hearing from you again,
Welcome to our forum x